Monday, June 7, 2010

UPDATE!!!

I'm thinking it is finally time to update the blog because I was beginning to feel like a blog stalker without any contributions. Well JJ made it!! he graduated chiropractic school!!! Just in time, my camera broke so pictures are to come after I go old school and get them developed. Then we made the long trek across the US to California with a big Budget truck. Dom still talks about the "big truck" with daddy. It was a very long exhausting trip. We were fortunate enough to be able to stay with my brother and sister in law in their big house until we found a place that we liked. JJ started his job a few days after we arrived and he LOVES IT!!! He comes home so happy every day from work. We feel very fortunate to have such a job in these hard economic times. JJ passed the state board a while back so we are waiting for his license to come any day now so he can get a big bust in pay and actually call himself a chiropractor. California is so slow on these things!!! We found ourselves a very nice townhouse four miles from the family with a swimming pool that we have been living at lately with this hot weather. I feel like I'm in a mansion compared to the trailer. We feel very fortunate to have found such a pretty place. It's so fun being close to family and having BBQs and get togethers, although the simple life of Missouri and all our great friends are so missed. I think my sister in law is sick of me saying, "oh its better in Missouri" because in so many ways...it is. We like our ward and already have a speaking assignment for fathers day (yikes) but is so missing the Rockwood ward. I'm about 18 weeks along and huge as a whale and this baby is so active already!!

Such a small update for so many things that have happened this past month and a half, but now that we have Internet in our new place I am hoping to have more updates and pictures to come!

5 comments:

Ben and Rainee In Alaska said...

so nice to hear from you Tori! I have been the same way, blog stocker without contributing to my own! I am glad that things are going well for you all, Sure miss you guys!

alanna said...

Awesome Tori! So good to hear from you. I'm glad you guys are doing so well in Cali.
Good luck with your pregnancy! Can't wait to see photos!

shilo said...

Big as a whale? Whatever. I'll believe it when I see it. Glad to hear Cali is treating you well, but we miss you!

shandra/jason said...

yeah--you posted! well we miss you here in mo....like a lot! but our plans for april better be on! give me a call sometime--and post pic of your new place...so i can day dream about "big" living! miss you!

pandamommy76 said...

We went back for Homecoming and it was so empty of our dear friends! so glad to hear all is well! Love ya dear!
Mandi