Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What the heck?!?!?

I just really need to vent now, so you don't have to read, but I have been told it is a healthy thing to get out one's frustrations, so here it goes.

So I have been working out for quite some time now to try and work off this excess blubber put on by my lovely little kidlins (and I'll take just a little responsibilty) putting in about two hours four or five days a week at the gym, and adjusting my diet. So any logical person would say okay you have put in your time, you deserve some weight loss, well..the lovely scale did not have that much mercy, in fact, it said that I have gained 5 POUNDS!!!! I just do not see how that computes in this little brain of mine. I know that muscle weighs more than fat, but I do not think that I have put on 5 pounds in one week of muscle, that is just absurd and unheard of. I don't even think the great Arnold Swarchenegger has set that kind of record. So right now I am just a little depressed and I think I might go eat some ice cream...thanks for letting me vent.

7 comments:

Amy said...

possibly a time of day issue? I weigh at least 5 lbs more in the evening than in the morning. And, I've been working out for over 2 months now and the scale has no mercy on my end either! I feel your pain.

Meggan said...

If it's any consolation, I was noticing when you walked into primary on sunday that you were looking smaller, so you must be doing something right. I weigh my self daily, but you don't need to measure your improvement by that. It's hard to get over the scale, but try measuring your waist, hips, chest, etc, and then checking those measurements every week. Venting is good, just don't give up! You can do it! (Your posts always make me giggle!)

Ed and Cambria said...

When we were at the DAvis' the other night you looked like you had lost some weight. It's true what Amy said, it's the time of day when you weigh. You tend to weigh more in the evening than you would in the morning. What I have learned from my trainer is weigh yourself the same time once a week. Then when you go to measure yourself, measure once a month. That way you won't be disappointed every day. I had to learn that the hard way. Plus, when you put on muscle you can weigh more. Now the more muscle you put on the more fat you burn. Keep eating enough calories, protein, and healthy foods; you will see a difference on the scale. I was told since I'm nursing and working out 6 times a week for 2 hours a day, I should consume 2500 calories a day. If you don't consume enough in a day, your body will start storing fat because it thinks the body is starving. So keep exercising, consume enough calories, protein and eat healthy foods you will do great. Sorry so long, this is what I've been told and it seems to be working. To be honest, it's hard for me to eat that much, but I have to keep telling myself it's okay, the results will be good in the end.

Ed and Cambria said...

1jn Oh, and one more thing. Change up your routine. I change my lifting and cardio once a week to something different. That way your body won't get accustomed to it. If that happens then you won't really see any results. So if you change your routine around, your body won't get used to doing the same thing over and over. Also, if you lift, don't lift everyday. Give your muscles a break one day then lift the next day. That's another thing I've learned. For instance, I will run and lift one day, the next day I will spin and do yoga. Then run and lift, etc etc. that will be for one week. Then change it up the next week. Does that make sense?

alanna said...

I like ice cream. Want me to come over?

Tori said...

Thank you all for your kind words and thank you Cam for all the info. I will try and implement that more in my routine. Thank you, I am starting to feel better already.

AZ Owen's said...

When I start working out I always gain weight before I lose it. But even with extra weight carrying around I feel better. It takes me a long time to get thinner, but I feel a lot better. stay with it!