Monday, February 9, 2009

One proud mommy

Tonight I am one very proud mommy. It was one of those very tender moments that happen to parents every now and again and they stay with you forever. Tonight after Family Home Evening, JJ told Dominic that he could pick who said that closing prayer and he chose himself. We knelt down and usually we have to say the prayer and he repeats what we say, but as JJ began to help him he said, "No Daddy, Domi do it!!" then he closed his little eyes, said some gibber jabber and closed with "Amen." I know you aren't suppose to do it, but JJ and I opened our eyes, looked at each other, and smiled. After it was finished, Dominic jumped up and down so excited that he did it all by himself! Just one of those tender little moments that make me proud to be Dominic's mommy, and the little rare thought, that maybe we are doing something right....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute! You guys are great parents!!

Meggan said...

That is so sweet! When you have moments you feel like you are totally doing something right. Thanks for the cabbage advice, but it was too late. I went from bad to worse really fast. When I woke up yesterday I was having more fever, and there was a huge red spot. I am still using the cabbage though to help get rid of it faster.

alanna said...

Ahh...what a sweet moment. You guys are doing things right!

Stephanie Chavez said...

of course you are!

Ben and Rainee In Alaska said...

you have such a sweet little family, and you guys are AMAZING parents, I love those little moments, you're the best!