Monday, March 2, 2009

Inquiry?

So how is it that they don't make swimming suits for girls who have had babies these days?! After my favorite swim suit basically snapped in half (probably a manufacturing mistake, there could be no other apparent reason why) I went out to search for a new swim suit for our upcoming cruise in a couple of months. After having two babies and nursing for the past three years, they would probably arrest me for coming out into public view in anything remotely close to this....Which was all I seemed to find everywhere! I am thinking something kinda like this might be a safe bet....
Which I found comes in a beautiful array of colors and designs. How could I go wrong?

but seriously, do they really expect every single woman to wear a bikini? Give me a break.
If any of you blogger buddies know where I can get some cheap, more modest swim wear, I could sure use the help, I'm sure my fellow cruisers will thank you too ;)

5 comments:

alanna said...

lol!!!

I feel exactly the same way!

I think if you go to Ann's Bra shop they have a lot of modest bathing suits (only because old ladies shop there). I think they might still be on sale too. It's worth a try. Good luck!

:)

P.S. I'd be more comfortable in the full body bathing suit. I love that picture!

The Wanns said...

I bought one last year from layers.com it was real nice. But I don't know if they have any this year yet. When's the cruz?

missykroll said...

Costco has some fantastic one piece suits available with cute wrap arounds nearby too. Just ask someone in your ward w/ a membership if you can tag along the next time they go!

shandra/jason said...

wonderful post! loved it! good luck looking for a swimsuit and let me know if you find one! i havent looked for one in who knows how many years and i have a felling i'll need a new one this summer...if i even venture out to water this summer! good luck!

AZ Owen's said...

I still wanted the two piece, but with modesty so the way I went was getting a women's rash guard for a top and wore my old swim suit bottoms that somewhat matched. They are really comfortable, fairly decently priced and will last a long time.
Hope that helps! :)