Friday, August 22, 2008

Half Way Done

Well....Its a done deal, JJ is half way done with Chiropractic school as of yesterday!!!!! and he passed all his finals....yipee!!!! In a couple of weeks he will be entering trimester 6 and there are 10 trimesters total. In the mean time I am enjoying every ounce of my hubby being home on his two week break. It is so crazy to think that we are now half way done and I do not know where the time went? Congrats to JJ for making it this far!

But on a different note, this whole half way done thing has been a little unsettling to me. When we first came here to live and met so many good couples that were far far ahead of our measly ol' tri one stage (like tri five, six and seven), I thought that for sure by the time that we hit that stage (the half way mark), that we would know where we are going to end up for the rest of our lives. Or at least upon graduation. But as of now, I think we are more confused than when we got here. I really admire JJ for his adventurous attitude. Not knowing what the future holds is exciting and thrilling to him, and in a way it is for me too, but I kinda like to have a game plan and maybe a least know what country I might live in. Is that too much for a girl to ask? So far we have considered in alphabetical order:
Alabama
Arizona
Australia
California (Many different cities)
Costa Rica
Illinois
Kentucky
Missouri
Ohio
Texas
West Virginia
I'm sure many more will add to the list as time goes on.

It might be a girl thing, or maybe just a me thing but there is some security for me in knowing where your future lies and where you are going to raise your kids, even if it is just to have a mental picture; a mental picture to place some surroundings with the house you will live in and the memories made. To those of you who know where you are going, have a plan, have some direction.... good for you! It must feel nice. To the rest of us, lets hope we are guided and directed to where we are suppose to be, and in the mean time, I'll try to adopt more of JJ's philosophy, "Whatever happens, happens, and it will be for the best."

4 comments:

missykroll said...

Hey there Chickadee.
I can see how'd you like to know whats around the bend, but I can promise you that it is so much fun to flutter around and scout out where you truly would like to live.
Just prayerfully take it to the Lord when a few good choices come your way. You just may end up in Zion like us.
-P.S. Dani is finally getting her playmate in the spring!

Paul and Suzy said...

Yay for making it half way! Good luck with the second half of school! I can't wait to see where you guys end up living!

Li said...

Congrats on half way. It's sooooooo hard to decide where you want to go!! It's a fun and exciting decision, too, though, so have fun! :)

The Lipman Bunch said...

TORI- Stephanie is here with me now and she's showing me your life!! CUTE KIDS!! I know how it is not knowing the future...it drove me crazy... XOXO Sarah-Noel