Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Bust

Last year JJ jokingly was a little bummed because he celebrated his birthday in the hospital with a recuperating hormonal wife that just gave birth to his beautiful daughter the day before. He didn't get his usual birthday breakfast (once a year only!!!), no party, or even a birthday cake. Well, I told him to quit his complaining because I gave him a daughter for pete's sake!! So this year I wanted to do something special for him to make up for last year (as if I really needed to... obligations of a wife I guess). So I was preparing to make him a very special birthday cake and it turned out that our oven descided to DIE two days before his birthday...okay that was out. My next idea was to plan something really elaborate for him. Possibly get a babysitter and just do something special him and I. So I ask him what his week looked like schedual wise so I could possibly plan this special event and he was literally booked up every single day!! and on his actual birth-DAY was one of the biggest scouting events of the year (He's the cub-master) which he was in charge of. So I thought well, okay I will wake up at the crack of dawn and make him a nice breakfast on his actual birthday. I set my alarm bright and early, when he hears me get up, he asks me why I am up so early (COMPLETELY out of character) and I told him I wanted to make him a big breakfast. Then he said, "Sorry honey, that is so sweet, but I'm still full from eating dinner so late last night." I was completely batting zero and running out of ideas at this point. That night as a family we went to that cub scouting event and in the back of my mind I wanted it to be a surprise and have all the scouts sing him Happy Birthday. Well, when we got home that night I realized that it had completely left my mind and I had forgotten (great wife I am). So his birthday came and went with no special horrah or ANYTHING.

Since Riah's birthday was the day before and we didn't make a big deal out of that one either too much I thought I would plan something over the weekend for the both of them or for the whole family rather. So the Circus was what I came up with. I hadn't been since I was a very little kid and any one who knows JJ knows that just being with his family is enough for him. So we had a lot of fun at the circus, but I would have to say that Dominic probably enjoyed it the most.








Well, I think I deserve a "A" for effort. Happy Birthday to two of my favorite people, I love you. There's always next year....

1 comments:

shilo duke said...

Tori, I think you get credit for trying. Maybe next year JJ and I can work it out so we do not have to spend our birthday at the Blue and Gold Banquet with the scouts...for the third year in a row! :)