Monday, March 16, 2009

A sorrowful inevitable

Today a miraculous event, probably one that most never thought possible, happened in the Bell home. It took a lot of great courage on my part and still I almost want to cry thinking about it, but it was definitely time. The inevitable had to happen at some point. I always said that I would do it the second someone called my handsome boy a girl, but that time came and went a long time ago. I was thinking about it for a few weeks now, and so today I just went and DID IT. DOMINIC GOT HIS FIRST HAIRCUT!! It was pretty emotional for me, but Dom was a trooper. He just sat there and took it all like a champ while his baby-hood was cut away from him. Instantly he went from baby to boy and I think that was why it was emotional for me and the fact that (and this is where my weirdness comes in) this hair that was being chopped off like nothing, was the same little baby hairs that sat in my womb. That probably sounds weird to most, but to someone that may strike a cord. So for memory sake, I would like to have a picture memorial for Dominic's beloved hair because it took him so long to get to where he WAS today.

If you look closely you will see the few little nubs that he was born with.








This is the "wing" stage



This is the "mullet" stage



This is the stage that was borderline unmanageable



This was when he had the little flap that would occasionally cover his eyes


This is the complete rat's nest today right before he went in

Before:




After:


My new handsome little "boy"


At the moment I am still a little sad. This is sure going to take some getting used to, but I was sure to get every last bit in a baggy to save forever and show his posterity.

4 comments:

alanna said...

lol! Yay!!!
Congrats Tori...and Domino!
I know it took a lot for you to take him in for a haircut (glad you went to Sandi!) but it was the right thing to do. Those locks were too pretty for a boy. :)

Unknown said...

He looks SOO much older! Wow! What a difference! Hopefully no one will think he is a girl now!

Boston Family said...

I can't believe it! It looks so different! But good for you being a brave mom! And good for Domino for being so brave as well. Better than when Kate freaked, but when does Kate not freak, let's be real. Can't wait to see it at Joy School tomorrow!

Elizabeth and Andrew said...

YAY Tori, well done you brave girl. I am proud of you!