Friday, July 24, 2009

Giving up the ghost

So this past week, I have sacraficed my daily gym going, and jail bound to the house to focus on the big P.T.....aka the dreaded potty training. So to put it lightly this week has been a living H. E. double hocky sticks!!! I am about to bang my head on a wall! Meanwhile Dominic is getting so much pleasure....errr.

So the day after I ended school, we went out and bought a jar and Dominic got to pick out the "potty" candy that he wanted. So we placed that in the bathroom (I know not very appitizing) right in front of his potty so he can stare at it as he sits on the potty and tries to go. So that was our first step.

Second step. After talking to a few different people I thought I would try the timer method (so every 20 minutes just go sit on the potty) and if he happened to have an accident in his pants, well here is the part that I hope I dont get reported to child services, but you put your kid in a cold shower to get the pee pee off. Well, he obviously hated the cold showers, so you would think he would make the connection, right? NOPE!

It seems with each day, he is only getting more and more stubborn, humm, wonder where he gets that from? So, I am officially giving up the ghost. He will do it when he is ready. Patience Tori, patience. He will not be eight years old and still in diapers right?

1 comments:

Meggan said...

This was the hardest thing I have ever had to do as a parent. Potty training was a 2 week mess, and I have never felt more unsanitary my whole life. Have you tried moving the potty to the living room? We had Kate sit on it to watch TV, and I would just listen to hear when we went in the potty. After a day of this, she realized how it felt when she had to go. Just an idea. Never did the cold shower thing. I was scared it wouldn't be positive, and that she wouldn't do it unless is was a positive experience. And trying to get a toddler to sit on the potty for 20 minutes...um, impossible. Good luck. Don't give up! He's smart, he'll get it. You just have to be more stubborn.