Friday, July 10, 2009

First words

So today, another big milestone for Riah. She said her very FIRST word. We were having one of our typical mornings, all three of us in mommy and daddy's bed, me going in and out of consciousness, Dominic saying, "I want to get up, Mommy," while pulling on my arm. A few minutes went by, I'm still going in and out of consciousness, and all of a sudden Riah points to the front door and says, "UP!!" So she understood what it meant!

I often wonder what to count as their first words because they copy cat so many words in the beginning, so I always count the one word that they say and know what it means. So I think we will count "up". Dominic's first word was "football," granted he didn't say his first word until he was two(yes, I was a little worried) but we knew he knew what it meant cause he was holding one. We were grateful he had some brain cells in there.

Then tonight Dominic kept saying his favorite word in the whole wide world.....b.u.t.t, not to mention his complete fascination with them. Talking about them, rubbing them, putting his face in them....you name it, and now Riah started saying b.u.t.t. See now why we have the rule for what to count as their first word?

2 comments:

Boston Family said...

That is hilarious! I love that she yelled up! How funny! What a cute gal, see I told you girls usually do things before boys. You have way smart kids!

alanna said...

Funny! -the first word and about Domino and butts.

I can't remember Allen's first word. I think it was Daddy. Brig's first and only word is "MORE!" He's a little oinker. I'm surprised he's not 50lbs!