Monday, October 4, 2010

Hey, it's my birthday I can cry if I want to!!!

Ever since joining the church I have had the pleasure of sharing my birthday with General Conference. Which don't get me wrong, I love general conference because your with family or friends typically eating good food, but I would like to just have that be a separate time and my birthday be a separate time. And since my birthday fell on a Saturday this year I had to give up my husband to go to priesthood. Okay....I love priesthood too, the guys always come back better, but honestly I was a little bummed. JJ knew how I felt and tried the whole day to make it special before he had to leave me. I woke up to a fresh cut pineapple boat in bed and donuts (he knows the way to my heart) and he got me the most beautiful nativity set for Christmas that I have ever seen. He knew that I wanted one, but not just any one, I was looking for the perfect one. He surprised me with the most beautiful one that I have ever seen in my life. I just love all the colors in it, and can't wait to display it for Christmas. And of course he gave me a full body massage. I just couldn't ask for more, but he says he still has more planned for this coming weekend, so we will see!

Had a doctors appointment today and I am actually almost 38 weeks. Doc said I could go anytime now and honestly, I am wanting it to stay in. I feel bad even saying that, but I haven't had much time to even anticipate this baby coming because both JJ and I have been so stressed, as we are in the process of buying a chiropractic business. So many things to consider...hiring accountants, lawyers...and so on and so forth. It has been two weeks now that JJ has worked there and he has loved every minute of it. He says he loves being "the big man" and the existing patients seem to love him and are rescheduling, which is a good sign. I am needing to train myself with the office stuff and insurance stuff and, with a new baby, I am wondering how I will find the time. Fortunately the front desk girl in there now is great and we will keep her, but I figure I need to know this stuff just in case.

I'm excited for the surprise of not knowing the gender, but now I'm feeling even more unprepared because I can't get all the clothes out yet or get too many things ready. Things are crazy for us right now and it doesn't help that Riah has had a fever the past few days and the fact that I feel like a 25 year old hag! Three kids at 25, I must be OUT.SIDE.MY.MIND!...pretty much....

Okay venting over....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well, happy birthday, tori!!! ha! sounds like jj really tried to make it special! good luck with the practice and new baby! i know everything will work out! i didn't even know you were buying a practice! We need to catch up with one another! ha!! and i'm so excited to find out what you are having!!

shilo said...

JJ is a sweetheart to try to make your day special despite the craziness. I hope things calm down at least a little bit soon. Good luck! I predict it will be a boy...