Friday, October 1, 2010

September Happenings

A couple of sweet girls in our ward offered to pick up my crazy children and drop them back off once a week for preschool. It's so nice to get a couple of hours to myself in the morning once a week! I am so grateful, but I think they are just starting to realize what they got themselves into! It's not a joy school curriculum, but rather focuses on the sounds of letters which has been said to work faster with learning to read then just learning the letters. Then they learn cute little actions or songs that go with that letter and draw pictures. The kids were so excited to finally go to school, and frankly so was I. This past Sunday was Dominic's first Primary performance in sacrament meeting. He had known his line for THREE weeks prior "I can follow the prophet by saying my prayers," which when he finally got up to the pulpit, came out like this, " I du da de da du da la la." Yup, he's my spiritual child! The neat thing was though, that my mom actually came to see it! This was quite a first, considering she didn't even go to his baby blessing. We loved having grandma there, and I think she enjoyed it too! The power of invitation from a child...that's all I gotta say.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you posted! I miss seeing your beautiful children! How cute! They are growing up too fast! I love you and miss you guys!

Meggan said...

That is awesome. Kate starts preschool this week and we are so excited. And yay for Primary programs. We have ours next month and I think it will be interesting. Have a great birthday!

shilo said...

Cute kids. Just love 'em! Happy birthday wishes. If someone's throwing a surprise party, I hope you show up...haha.