Wednesday, August 26, 2009

After a few inquiries


So I mentioned this banana bread that I made on my facebook and I had a few respond that they wanted the recipe. I just thought the best way would be to post here.
While craving banana bread I called up my Aunt Mary, who makes the best, just to get her secret. The name of it is A-Z bread, not banana bread. She said that it's called this because you can put ANYTHING in it and it will turn out great. Just substitute the main ingredient. So you can make zucchini bread, carrot bread, or whatever your little heart desires with this same recipe and she says that it will turn out great. Well, I'm all about simplicity, so this was a recipe that I held on to. She says it does take some perfecting.....so I have a lot of work to do. Well, here it is to all those inquirers....

A-Z Bread

3 cup four
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 tsp cinnamon (opt)
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups A-Z (whatever your little heart desires)
3 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts (opt)

Sift all dry ingredients
in another bowl beat eggs, add oil, and sugar, mix well
add A-Z
add vanilla
finally mix altogether
fold in nuts

bake 350, for 1 hr
makes 2 loafs
grease pans

side note: 6-7 bananas= 2 cups

and hua-la, there you have it. Let me know how it turns out for ya.

3 comments:

Jana said...

I just found your blog. I may have to lurk around because I am a big fan of the Bells!

And I must say, I've been looking for a good banana bread recipe so I'm going to give this a try!

Bonnie said...

Tori, I was so happy to run into your blog via Facebook. I had no idea that you lived near St. Louis or that I was on you blogroll. Say hi sometime if you like any of my posts! So nice to have stumbled by now I can keep better track of you! Our last name is spelled Mattson. Please give our love to JJ and you beautiful kids!

Meggan said...

I have been waiting...and when I get home, and I am writing it down...who knew one facebook comment could spark such a following! It really was great! Hope ya'll are enjoying the break!