Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Wanted to wish all my blogger buddies a Happy Thanksgiving! I was jealous as most of you probably sat around a large table with those you loved eating a scrumptious meal while we ate a Walmart chicken and gold fish crackers. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, of course, because it involves yummy food, one of my most favorite things in life. But this year we are in Albuquerque,NM (hope I spelt that right, I really need to learn how if I'm going to live here)searching out our new homestead. As of now, we like it a lot, quite different from anywhere else I have ever lived for sure. I was telling JJ that I finally feel like the majority and JJ with his blond hair stands out like a sore thumb! It's quite the culture shock, but from those we have talked to, the people are so so nice, laid back, and very friendly. The temple here is absolutely gorgeous with the beautiful Sandia mountains in the background (hopefully I will have pics soon). JJ meets with some docs on Monday, so hopefully all goes well. We will keep you posted, and hope all my shopping buddies...uh hum Maria... had fun on Black Friday!! Happy Thanksgiving to you all hope you all had a wonderful, turkey stuffin, sweet potato eatin, pie scarffin time!! :)

4 comments:

alanna said...

Happy Thanksgiving Tori! I hope all goes well in New Mexico. Happy practice hunting! :) I didn't even know you were considering the area.

Sorry I left you out of my Twilight shout out. You are certainly one of my Missouri peeps, I just didn't think you considered yourself a "Twi-hard", having teased me about it before. :) I still love you though!

Unknown said...

Glad you are liking NM! I'm thinking of cooking my turkey this weekend, so you guys should come over since you missed Thanksgiving! And by the way, I had a blast on Black Friday...got everything I wanted!! :) Happy travels!

Paul and Suzy said...

Glad you are liking it there. I was born there. Some friends of ours moved there about 6 months ago. They are loving it. Hope you are all well.

AZ Owen's said...

Hey! Well now you'll only be like 6 or 7 hours from us! We could totally come and visit you! Yay!