Monday, September 22, 2008

My, how they grow up way too fast

At first you didn't lift your head; You didn't know to smile.
The time before you knew my voice
Seemed such a long, long while.
I couldn't wait for you to roll,
And then to sit and clap.
And now you're off and crawling,
Not helpless in my lap.Why didn't someone tell me
How fast a baby grows,
That every little baby stage
Soon comes, but sooner goes.
So I'll enjoy the fleeting time
Before you learn to walk.
And treasure every tiny noise
Before you learn to talk.For soon you'll learn to walk,
Then run,
And talk and sing a song,
And never be my babe again.
The babe's forever gone.
Little baby, take your time,
For while you're tiny, you are mine.

Our little Rye bread crawled for the first time on Saturday and now there is no slowing her down. This video was taken a few days before the first crawl but you can see that she was definitely movin'. We are not used to this little baby girl progression because Dominic was barely holding his head up at five months. It seems like just yesterday I was in the worst pain of my life giving birth to her, and now, she's just not a little baby anymore....(tear). I am sad that my little baby is growing up, I guess this means we need to have another one....

3 comments:

Amy said...

o my golly! Elizabeth just started crawling last week too!! And, I was just about to load the video, but first zone conference calls. It's coming soon tho.

Paul and Suzy said...

I can't believe she is crawling. Our girls are not yet. I hope it takes them a little while longer. I am not ready to be chasing them both around. We would love to get together with you guys when you are here. Give us a call when you come. Oh, and I will work on getting you that recipe.

Stephanie Chavez said...

I can't really see the video with that dark background. But from what I saw she so cute!