Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New Found Hobby


So I will take a break from all the proposition 8 stuff and talk about my new found hobby. Anyone who really knows me, knows how much I love hair so it seems rather fitting that my favorite thing to do nowadays has to do with hair. I am in love with making hair bows. The crazier the better, and the more I can be creative using different types of ribbon adding unique style and matching individual outfits. Having a daughter now makes it easier to have this type of hobby, but the problem is she doesn't have any hair! Boy would I have a hay day with my friend Maria's baby ;) (you can check out that baby's hair at the Gilbert's bloghttp://http//trevorandmaria.blogspot.com/ to see a real head of hair) so I have had to improvise on my baby girl.

This was right before going to our ward Fall Fest


And this, I thought, was just a cute one of the two of them together. And yes I use Dominic as my model when ever I make a new bow. His hair makes the perfect model and he looks so beautiful in my bows :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all the pretty bows! It is so fun to dress up little girls!

alanna said...

That's adorable Tori. You'll have to teach me in case I ever have a girl!
We need to hang out...more than V.T. I miss you.

Meggan said...

That is so funny! Don't worry, hair will come! Kate totally didn't have any hair til about 18 months. They it just started to grow. Those bows look great! They are kinda fun to make, huh?

pandamommy76 said...

you can use karo syrup and they will stick to their heads - that is what we have done withour girls - it is safe and washes out in the tub or with a little water! GO NUTS!!

Paul and Suzy said...

Tori those bows are so cute on your Riah! I tried bows on my girls and they looked funny. Maybe I will try again.

shandra/jason said...

i meant to tell you on sunday that i loved how the bow was on her beanie! thats a smart idea!! i will have to remember it! and amazing job on the bows! beautiful!