Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our Giving of Thanks

I always get a little sad around Thanksgiving being far from family, but this year my sadness was patched up a bit when this wonderful, loving couple in our church, the Heidamens, invited us into their home with some other Logan students. She decorated her home beautifully and the kids even had their very own table. The food was so awesome and we had about eight pies to choose from! After our dinner the kids all watched Polar Express, while the girls chatted and the boys played pool in their awesome basement. My favorite part of the evening was when we all went around the table and talked about what we are all thankful for. I love this time of year when we all reflect upon what we are grateful for. I am so grateful for this time in my life. To have great friends around us, to be out here in beautiful Missouri, for my wonderful family, and of course for the gospel in my life. We all have so much to be grateful for when we really stop and reflect upon our many blessings. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is hard to be away from family but we have such a great ward! They are so nice to us lonely Logan students!! :)

Paul and Suzy said...

What a beautiful house! I am glad that you had a good Thanksgiving even if you were away from California. Hopefully we get to see you guys at Christmas!