Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Our Hallos Eve

Halloween was fun but a bit stressful. We had a few couples over for a pumpkin feast and I got a bee in my bonnet like I do every year around this time of year, and thought that I would make homemade pumpkin chili, homemade pumpkin spice bread, pot roast and mashed potatoes. Everything turned out okay, except that homemade bread. So basically I WILL NEVER make homemade bread AGAIN!! All that work, and the bread wasn't even good, so sorry JJ, its time for a bread maker because you wont get homemade bread from me ever again (yes, there is a bit of anger in my voice).

Looking at the pictures, it might take you back a few years, but I bet you can tell what Dominic was for Halloween. Yes he was the infamous Alfalfa from "The Little Rascals" except the one thing that Alfalfa is known for, seemed to not be working out too well when I was getting Dominic ready. So it was a little stressful as I was about to think of a plan B costume, but thankfully Cambria came through with the gel that she puts in her boy's hair which is basically like glue. It was the only thing that worked. So we ended up with an Alfalfa and a caterpillar. I was pretty proud of myself as I made that cute bow to match Amariah's caterpillar costume, but sad that we lost it while trick-or-treating :(

This was Dominic's first official year of trick-or-treating and he was lovin' every minute of it. So he was very adamite about dragging his own candy bag to each door. He looked so cute with this big ole' bag dragging behind him, except he must have lost his footing and went face first on a cement step. So we thought that would be a good time to end that eventful night. Oh by the way, as you will see JJ used the left over black spray on his hair, and I wasn't anything this year because I was personally boycotting the no trunk-or-treating that we had in this ward this year...yeah that was pretty disappointing.

This was the first house ever that Dominic went to.

Dominic's bruise on the middle of this forehead by the end of the night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the kids costumes and the bow you made is beautiful! Sad that you lost it! You are just gorgeous!

shandra/jason said...

great pics! and cute mouse treats too! sorry we never did work things out to get together to make stuff! you did an awesome job!