Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy, happy, joy, joy

This past week was Dominic's second week of Joy School. He absolutely loves it so much and looks so forward to going to school, and quite frankly so do I. I get a two hour break, two days a week from him!!! Yipee! I love my son to death, but that little break has been really wonderful. But what I love the most about the Joy School program besides that fact that it is so cheap is that all of us moms take turns teaching the lessons and all the moms in our group are so amazing! We have quite a large group of kids and it hasn't been my turn to teach yet, so it might be interesting to see what kind of post I leave after that experience....but I am very hopeful and I think that this is giving Dominic the stimulation that he really needed.

Dominic's very first day of school

3 comments:

alanna said...

Ahh cute. I love his parted hair and his backpack. :)

missykroll said...

Wait a minute.........can I sign Dani up for this? How did you find this Joy school?
-Missy

Ed and Cambria said...

How fun. I remember those days. My kids really enjoyed it. It was fun but I won't do it again here, at least in my house. Maybe if I had a bigger house I would, that way I could have a place to do it and my whole house wouldn't get trashed so fast and a place for the kids to not feel so claustrophobic in such a small space of a home that we have. How many kids are in the group? Looks like a ton of them. Will you be teaching in your house? Good luck. You will have to let me know how it goes your first time teaching. I'm glad Dominic loves it. It is nice to send them off to school. I hope I don't sound negative, I just did it for two years and two years was enough for me. The cost, since we didn't have a whole lot of moms doing it, became too much of a burden as well. You probably won't have that problem. I'm excited he is in it. Have a fun experience.